Szechuan Aubergine with Hakka Rice
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
100ml vegetable stock
3 tsp chilli bean sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp xiaoxing rice wine
3 tsp sugar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp Szechuan pepper, ground
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pouches Tilda Mushroom Hakka Rice
4-6 spring onions, finely sliced
- In a bowl, mix together the chilli bean paste, soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, sugar and vegetable stock.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the aubergines for seven minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for another five minutes.
- Scatter with spring onions, season and serve spooned over the cooked Tilda Humara Mushroom Hakka Rice.