Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- A nutritionist’s guide to eating for healthy joints
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- View all
- Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- Mango Salad with Thai Dressing
- Garden Gimlet
- Tofu & Green Beans Teriyaki
- Cornflakes Bombay
- Rainbow Pickle
- Soba noodles with kale and collards
- Ice-cube Drinks Boosters
- Quick Flatbread
- Vegan Soda Bread
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
- M&S Launches Three New Plant Kitchen Products
- Lipton launches sustainable cold brew range
- This vegan cheese range is now available in the UK
- Charity provides free meals to children and families with surplus food
- TROPIC BECOMES THE FIRST BRAND IN EUROPE TO RECEIVE A PROTECT LAND + SEA CERTIFICATION
- Love Food Give Food campaign calls on UK foodies
- New vegan jams support female cooperatives
- Caffe Nero launches plant-based menu options
- ANCIENT + BRAVE LAUNCHES THE UK’S FIRST VEGAN COLLAGEN POWDERS
- 14 food and drink launches for Veganuary 2021
- View all
British health brand BetterYou is campaigning for positive environmental change, and you could be part of it!
The company recently launched its Plastic Petition, demanding a national and unified programme for waste plastic collection and recycling across England.
According to a 2019 YouGov poll, ‘confusing rules’ are one of the biggest issues that keep Brits from recycling effectively, with one in 20 saying they won’t recycle anymore until they’re confident that items they send for recycling will be properly recycled, rather than sent to landfill.
What’s more, BBC News reported last year that in the 12 months to March 2019, 50 councils across the country incinerated more than half of the household rubbish that they collected, including paper and plastic. Unsurprisingly, it’s causing increasing concerns for Brits who are trying to take responsibility for their recycling.
It’s worrying statistics like these that have led BetterYou to push for more transparency, urging the government to improve its policies in a bid to create an effective recycling lifecycle.
“There is no synergy, no clarity and certainly no universal performance standard to be measured by within the UK’s current recycling policy,” BetterYou founder and managing director, Andrew Thomas, said. “Many of us diligently separate our waste plastics, yet this very waste may still be contributing to an environmental disaster on a scale never before seen.
“I believe that the incomprehensible and poorly communicated ways in which recycling is collected across the UK has unsurprisingly reduced the public’s compliance to plastic recycling – if you make a process confusing enough, people will eventually stop doing it.
“Our government is not acting decisively enough to ensure more of our waste plastic is collected and recycled, so we must insist that local and national government work together towards a more effective and self-sustaining plastic recycling programme to reduce and start to repair our environmental impact.
“That’s why our newly launched Plastic Petition is so important. The petition demands a single and universally adopted recycling programme which every local authority should sign up to; a programme which is standardised, independently monitored, and publicly reviewed annually. It proposes that all local authorities are governed, monitored, and reviewed equally, upholding an agreed best practice programme for collection and recycling.”
To find out more about BetterYou’s environmental initiatives, visit betteryou.com/better-planet-project or click here to sign the petition.
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly recipes, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox.