Cheat’s Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
A no-stress recipe that can’t go wrong – just the sort we like!
Ingredients:2 tbsp olive oil
180g pack spinach leaves
2 garlic cloves, chopped
250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes with basil
300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
400ml half fat crème fraîche
100g mature vegetarian Cheddar-style cheese
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan, add half the garlic and spinach leaves and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the leaves have wilted. Remove from the heat, season well and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are nicely browned. Stir in the remaining garlic and sizzle for 30 seconds. Mix in the tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer over a high heat for two minutes or until reduced. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Now make the cheat’s white sauce. Season the crème fraîche with the nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper, then mix them together well. Lightly oil a 1.4lt ovenproof dish.
- Place a layer of lasagne over the base, trimming it to fit. Top with half the mushroom mix, then more lasagne. Spoon a third of the crème fraîche over, scatter over half the spinach and a third of the cheese. Repeat these layers once more. Now place a final layer of lasagne on top, and spread over the remaining crème fraîche and cheese.
- Place on a baking tray, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the lasagne is tender and the top golden. Leave to stand for five minutes before serving in wedges with a nice green salad.