From oatmeal and raisin cookies to Moroccan tagine, we love incorporating raisins into our favourite recipes. They’re also a great addition to your snack drawer for when cravings hit, as they’re easy to eat, taste delicious and are super heatlhy! To find out more about the health benefits of raisins for those on a plant-based diet, we spoke to the experts at California Raisins.
Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Fried Tofu in Chinese Sesame Soy Sauce
- Red Cooked Marinated Tofu, Shiitake Mushrooms and Chestnuts
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Coriander Oil
- Clear Pea and Vegetable Soup with Brown Rice
- Buddha’s Stir Fry Vegetables with Marinated Tofu
- Sichuan-style ‘Fish Fragrant’ Aubergine with Tofu
- Cheat’s Rhubarb & Vanilla Desserts
- Mushroom Pilaf
- Quick and Easy Salsa
- Nuggets with Chilli Salsa and Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Chargrilled Asparagus and Spring Onions
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- The Lush Halloween range is now available… and it’s all vegan
- This inclusive vegan underwear is made from seaweed
- Caffe Nero launches plant-based menu options
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Lush drives change in cruelty-free cosmetics with £250,000 prize fund
- The Big Bakes To Host Online Baking Classes
- Linda McCartney’s brings back its popular Vegemince
- New vegan jams support female cooperatives
- Greggs Offers Free Vegan Sausage Roll For Students!
- This reusable bag is made entirely out of recycled plastic
- OGGS launches vegan liquid egg alternative
- View all
Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
Discover the health benefits of eating raisins, from boosting your mood and energy to aiding digestion
What are raisins?
Raisins are essentially dried grapes, and California Raisins are sun-dried in the hot Californian sun, so they’re wonderfully sweet. But are raisins good for you? The answer is yes!
They may be small, but raisins are packed with nutrients. Whether you eat them as a snack or incorporate them into recipes, California Raisins make a healthy addition to your diet as they’re completely natural. When enjoyed as part of a balanced diet, raisins can help you maintain a healthy body weight and a healthy heart. This, in turn, can reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases, and can even boost your mood and mental health!
What are the health benefits of eating raisins?
Raisins are packed with nutrients and vitamins that are key to good health, including fibre and potassium. Fibre is known to aid digestion, while potassium is important for the normal functioning of our cells. That’s not all though, because raisins are also a good source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E as well as calcium, zinc and iron, which plays an essential role in producing white blood cells.
Raisins are a great gut health food
In order to maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria in our gut, it’s recommended that we incorporate a variety of food into our diet, and raisins are ideal for this. They’re a good source of fibre, which helps to aid digestion. What’s more, studies show that incorporating raisins into your diet can improve bowel movements and reduce the amount of potentially harmful bacteria in the gut.
California Raisins are 100% natural
California Raisins are sun-dried with no added preservatives. That means that they’re naturally sweet while also being high in sugar and calories. That said, these natural sugars make them a great alternative to foods made with artificial sweeteners. So next time you’re craving something sweet, opt for a handful of raisins instead of reaching for a chocolate bar!
They’re easy to eat
One of the many wonderful things about raisins is that they can be eaten or cooked with just the way they are! So while they make a wonderful snack, raisins can also be incorporated into sweet and savoury dishes. From raisin bread, scones and oatmeal cookies, to your morning porridge or evening curry, why not add a handful of raisins to your favourite recipe for a nutritional and tasty twist?
California Raisins help keep your body fit and healthy. A healthy body supports a healthy mind. To find out more about California Raisins, visit californiaraisins.co.uk