Day-After Porridge Pancakes with Grilled Honey and Orange Figs
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Made too much porridge? This tasty pancake recipe is a great way to use up any leftovers the next day!
Ingredients:50g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
(or 275g leftover porridge and a splash of milk)
1 free-range egg
50g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 black figs
a knob of butter
juice and zest of 1/2 orange
1 tbsp honey
- Place the Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats in a small pan over a medium heat with 250ml milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature to a low heat, and continue cooking, for around 10-12 minutes, until thick and creamy. Leave the porridge overnight, covered with some clingfilm (or your preferred plastic-free wrap).
- The next day, whisk the overnight porridge together with a splash of milk and the egg, until well combined. Alternatively, you can add the splash of milk and egg to any leftover porridge you may have.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder to the porridge, and whisk to combine.
- Halve the figs and place cut side facing up on a baking tray. Drizzle with the honey and the orange zest and juice. Place under a hot grill and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the figs start to release their juices and collapse.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan and cook spoonfuls of the batter in batches, until golden brown on each side. Repeat until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes with the grilled figs and Greek yoghurt.