Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
This spectacular springtime snack from the World Avocado Organisation is sure to go down a treat!
Ingredients:1 avocado, pitted and peeled
225g tin of chickpeas, drained
½ garlic clove
90ml olive oil
60ml lime juice
1 tsp cumin
8 pitta breads, sliced into thick strips
2 tbsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the avocado, chickpeas, coriander, garlic, olive oil, lime juice and cumin in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place the pitta bread strips on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and paprika.
- Bake until the bread is crisp, for around five minutes, and serve with the avocado hummus.