Asparagus and Cheese Tart
Combine asparagus and cheese for this delicious tart.
Ingredients:174ml Reduced Sugar Almond Breeze® 5 free-range eggs 185g grated Cheddar cheese 300g asparagus, cut in half lengthways 140g plain flour 85g butter, cubed
- Rub the butter and flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add 85g cheddar into the pastry and mix. Add 3 tbsp cold water and mix until the pastry forms a ball.
- Wrap in Clingfilm and chill. Butter a 20 x 6cm deep loose-bottom tart tin, or a 35 x 12cm rectangular tart tin.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Dust the work surface with flour, roll out the pastry and line the tin. Chill in the freezer. Line the pastry case with baking paper, fill with beans and cook for 15 mins. Remove the beans and paper, then return the pastry case to the oven for 10 mins.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, whisk, then add the Almond Breeze® and whisk again. Sprinkle 100g grated cheese over the pastry case, then add the asparagus and egg mix.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven for 30-35 mins or until the egg mix is set.