From Marmite’s most anticipated launch for decades, to new ranges from some of our favourite snack brands, here are the vegetarian and vegan food launches we’re most excited about this season.
Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Gnudi with tomato and basil
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Blondies
- Spiced Sweet Potato Latte
- Vegan Lasagne
- Tomato and Pomegranate Salad
- Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Hummus Two Ways
- Cyrus Todiwala’s Green Palav
- Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes With Cashew Buttercream Frosting
- Butterfly Pea Flower, Baileys Almande and Cardamom Loaves
- Biscoff Ice Cream
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- New vegan jams support female cooperatives
- SHAKE SHACK LAUNCHES VEGAN BURGER
- Tropic launches environmentally friendly sunscreen range
- VegFestUK goes virtual for 2020
- Eco shop launches curated box of sustainable beauty buys
- THE INTERNATIONAL VEGAN FILM FESTIVAL GOES VIRTUAL
- British Airways commits to removing 700 tonnes of single-use plastic from flights in 2020
- Cruelty-free beauty platform launches virtual skincare consultations
- This inclusive vegan underwear is made from seaweed
- How you can help with the Amazon wildfires
- Dobbies’ introduce brand new range of sustainable houseplants
- View all
New vegan products we’re excited about this spring
We'll be stocking up our cupboards and fridge with these new product launches for 2020.
No brand has potentially divided the nation as much as our beloved Marmite. We'll admit, we're lovers of this umami-flavoured spread, and we're equally enthralled with the brand's latest product: Marmite Peanut Butter. Officiating the trend whereby Marmite lovers combined the spread with their favourite peanut butter, the brand recognised the trend by launching the new treat. It followed the launch of the Marmite Crunchy Peanut Butter, the brand's first innovation since Marmite was established in 1902. The vegan spread is perfect on a crumpet, smothered on toast or eaten straight from the jar – we won't judge.
We've always been fans of Moma's vegan porridge, and now the British brand is bringing its oat obsession to the drinks industry, tapping into the plant-based milk trend (which we actually think is here to stay). The newly launched Oat Original and Oat Barista are delicious and versatile as they're unsweetened and include only the best wholegrain oats. That means the drinks are packed with fibre, but MOMA has also upped the ante by adding in calcium and vitamins D, B2 and B12, so these are two fortified plant milks we'll be lapping up.
When news spread that dessert guru Gü was launching a vegan-friendly version of its popular Salted Caramel Cheesecakes, we couldn't contain our excitement. The little puds are also gluten-free, making them an ideal treat for those on a plant-based diet as well as people with food intolerances. Part of Gü’s Fabulously Free From range, the delectable dessert features layers of salted caramel and coconut cream, which sit on silky vegan cream cheese – all on top of a crumbly gluten-free biscuit base. Better yet, the puds come in twin stack packs (so you don't even have to share), and are packaged in glass ramekins, that are fully recyclable and reusable.
If you love a good coffee like us, then you'll be excited about this new launch. Bottleshot Cold Brew is a UK-based brand that uses the traditional cold brew method to create smooth and strong coffee. After launching its classic cold drink, the brand has now revealed its Oat M*lk flavoured variety, a deliciously creamy concoction that we love as an afternoon pick-me-up. The vegan-friendly beverage combines the classic cold brew coffee recipe with oat milk for a refreshing balance of nutty and naturally sweet flavours, making it a great alternative to other sugar-laden, syrupy options on the market. Better yet, the coffee is made from ethically sourced Rainforest Alliance-certified beans, whilst the finished product is packaged in a can made from recycled materials: now that's an ethical coffee that's right up our street.
Aldi is upping its vegan game with the launch of its new Grain Pots. Available in three superfood and vibrant flavours – Chickpea, Spinach & Quinoa, Moroccan Style Grains and Wheatberry & Kale Grains – the pots are bursting with nutritious grains and veggies, and are ideal as side salads or a light lunch.
If you think hummus sums up Middle Eastern food, think again. The cuisine has much more to offer than the chickpea dip, and new food brand Cuzena is out to prove it. Putting a spin on a traditional fava bean dish known as foul madamous, the brand has created three delicious dips that work equally as well as served warm, incorporated into bigger dishes such as lasagne or chilli.
Innocent has made a name for itself with its creative concoctions of juices and smoothies. Now, the brand has launched a range of vibrant shots. Available in three varieties – Power Sour, Ginger Kick and Blazing Greens – they're crammed with fruit and veg, as well as exciting ingredients like ginger and jalapenos (yes, really), so there's certainly no lack of flavour here. Let's just say, these shots may be little, but they certainly pack a big punch!
We love a good savoury cracker in the office – hummus is our topping of choice – so when these arrived on our desks, we were pretty excited. Admittedly, they've become our cracker of choice. Thin and crispy with a perfect amount of salt, they're the perfect vessel for any topping, but are also lovely simply munched on their own when you need a little savoury fix. They're healthy too, made with ancient grains, before being char-baked over an open flame to lock in the natural flavour and ensure a crunchy texture. Choose from Original or Chia & Flax.
Popular snack brand KIND is out to kickstart your morning with its new range of breakfast bars. Available in three flavours – Blueberry Almond, Peanut Butter and Honey Oat – the soft-baked bars are each made from a base of oats, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, and quinoa, making them high in fibre and gluten-free, to boot. *Available from April 2020
The UK's first kefir cheese has landed on shelves. Wait, what's kefir, we hear you ask? It's a gut-friendly live culture that contains millions of friendly bacteria. Traditionally a drink, it's now been crafted into a creamy, cultured soft cheese made with British milk by kefir experts Biotiful Dairy. It's now available in three flavours: Original, Herbs & Garlic and Red Pepper & Cumin. It's a great way to jazz up your lunch, enjoy as a snack with crackers, or dip into with crunchy crudites.