Quorn & Butternut Squash Tart
A tasty yet straightforward recipe, ideal for midweek dinners to enjoy with a fresh salad or fluffy potatoes.
Ingredients:175g Quorn Pieces
1 sheet ready-rolled short-crust pastry
1 tbsp olive oil
125g butternut squash, cut into 1cm cubes
1 onion, finely diced
1-2 tsp dried rosemary
125g Welsh Goat’s Cheese
2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 6.
- Line a lightly greased flan tin with the pastry and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, fry the butternut squash and onion in the olive oil for two minutes, then add the Quorn Pieces. Continue frying for five minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add the rosemary and goat's cheese. Mix well and let the cheese melt before adding 2-3 tablespoons of water or milk, until the sauce is the consistency of double cream. Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case and cook for 20 minutes.