Flipping Good Fun
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Jersey or Guernsey milk
Jersey or Guernsey butter
- This recipe makes a divinely rich batter for springy, tasty pancakes that work beautifully in sweet and savoury dishes. Sieve 250g flour into a bowl and add a small pinch of salt (omit the salt if you're going to feed this to young children).
- Now stir in four free-range eggs and pour on 500ml Jersey or Guernsey milk little by little, stirring all the time to make the mixture smooth and silky.
- Melt 50g Jersey or Guernsey butter in a pan, stir into the batter mix and you're ready to go!
- Once you've cooked the pancakes until golden brown on both sides (a great opportunity for everyone to have a go at tossing them) try some of these tasty serving suggestions:
- Layer with pan-fried herby mushrooms and dollops of low-fat creme fraiche
- Sprinkle with grated vegetarian cheddar and ham-style slices, and eat folded in half
- Top with a thinly-sliced banana and drizzle with golden syrup or chocolate sauce for a naughty, fruity pud