Antipasto Chelsea Buns
These tasty buns are ideal for picnics and garden parties to share with friends.
Ingredients:250g self-raising flour
2 sachets Dr. Oetker baking powder
50g unsalted butter
100g vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
175ml whole milk
75g sun-dried tomato paste
50g pitted black olives, chopped
100g mixed pepper antipasto, chopped
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
fresh basil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese and stir in enough milk to form a soft dough. Tip the mixture onto a floured surface and knead gently.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spread with the sun-dried tomato paste and sprinkle over the olives and chopped peppers.
- Carefully roll up from one of the shorter sides to resemble a Swiss Roll. Slice into 12 rounds and arrange close together on the baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood