Sweet Potato and Tomato Dauphinoise
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
Ingredients:50g dairy-free spread
1 large onion, sliced into rings
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 sundried tomatoes, drained
500ml Kallo Unsweetened Soya Milk
1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
10 tomatoes, sliced and ends removed
2 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Melt the dairy-free spread in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally, until just starting to turn golden. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, taking care not to burn it.
- Put the sundried tomatoes in a mini food processor and blend to a paste. Spoon into a large mixing bowl, pour in the soya milk and season generously with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme, onion and garlic and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the sweet potatoes and mix again, then add in the tomatoes and stir gently, taking care not to break up the tomatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into a large ovenproof dish and move the potatoes and tomatoes around to even the surface.
- Bake for 50 mins, then remove from the oven and gently turn the top layer of vegetables over so that the lower layers sit on top. Bake for a further 25-30 mins until the sweet potatoes are tender.