Shallot, Cucumber and Tomato Panzanella
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
2 Romano peppers
12 cherry tomatoes
6 Echalion shallots
2 slices ciabatta/focaccia
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
100ml extra virgin olive oil
8 basil leaves
- First, preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut into bite-sized chunks, about 1cm squared. Cut the peppers into similar sized chunks and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the shallots in half lengthways, remove the skins and then cut into bite-sized chunks similar in size to the cucumber and peppers.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and place on a baking tray. Drizzle over a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-7 minutes until just toasted.
- Slice the peeled garlic very thinly, place into a bowl and along with the vinegar and oil.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together well. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add some finely shredded basil and serve.