Salted Caramel Banoffee Pie
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Sweet and salty flavours are perfectly balanced in this easy, delicious pie from Bonne Maman.
For the biscuit base:50g unsalted butter, melted
125g sweet-meal biscuits, crushed
For the filling:85g unsalted butter
50g light soft brown sugar
200g Bonne Maman Salted Caramel
For the topping:300ml double cream
1 tsp cold, strong black coffee
3 medium ripe bananas
squeeze of lemon juice
plain chocolate curls or shards, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Stir the melted butter into the crushed biscuits and spread over the base and up the sides of a shallow, 20cm loose-based, fluted flan tin, pressing with the back of a spoon to firm. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden, then leave to cool.
- Slowly melt the butter and sugar together in a small, non-stick saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in 200g of the caramel and bring to the boil, stirring all the time, until very smooth. Pour into the cold biscuit base, and leave to cool and set.
- When the caramel is cold, whip the cream until it just begins to hold its shape. Fold in the coffee and continue whisking until the cream is lightly whipped.
- Slice the bananas into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Spoon the bananas on top of the caramel followed by the whipped cream. Sprinkle over the chocolate and any remaining caramel in the jar just before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood