Pina Colada Cupcakes
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:250g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
200ml coconut milk
1 tsp white rum
120g unsalted butter, softened
150g caster sugar
2 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g diced pineapple, drained, patted dry
[hd]For the buttercream[/hd]
120g butter, softened
200g icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp coconut milk
glacé cherries and dried pineapple, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 (reduce for fan ovens). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Combine the coconut milk and rum in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in half the sifted flour, then half the coconut milk mixture, then the rest of the flour, followed by the remaining coconut milk.
- Stir in the vanilla and fold in the pineapple. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, cream the butter with a wooden spoon, gradually adding the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the coconut milk and continue creaming until fully combined.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes using a piping bag and garnish with glacé cherries, dried pineapple and a cocktail umbrella.