Oven-baked Mushroom Risotto
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:10g dried porcini mushrooms
1.2 lt boiling water
1 tsp Marigold vegetable bouillon
1 onion, chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
275g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
350g risotto rice
100ml vegetarian sherry
flaked or finely grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese, optional
- Heat the oven to 200C(Fan 180C)/400F/Gas 6. Place a large casserole dish (or roasting tin) for cooking the risotto in the oven.
- Put the porcini mushrooms into a saucepan with the boiling water and vegetable bouillon powder. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Fry the onion and celery in a large saucepan for five minutes. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms have absorbed any liquid.
- Add the rice, stir for 1-2 minutes, then pour in the sherry. With a slotted spoon remove the dried mushrooms from the bouillon mixture, chop roughly and add, along with 1 tsp salt and black pepper. Bring the bouillon to the boil.
- Put the rice mixture into your heated casserole, then pour in the boiling bouillon. Stir quickly, then bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Stir very well, check the seasoning, scatter with parsley and serve, with cheese, if liked.