Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Charred Sweetcorn Caesar Salad
- BBQ Sweetcorn Tacos with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Sweetcorn, Turmeric and Chickpea Fritters
- Aubergine Hot Dogs
- One-pot Curry in a Hurry
- 5 Grain Savoury Porridge with Pickled Beetroot, Apple and Hazelnuts
- Baked Shallots with Squash and Crispy Rosemary and Olive Oil Breadcrumb Topping
- Soy Tomato Burgers
- Salsa and Avocado Hot Dogs
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- A quarter of Brits are now drinking plant-based milks
- Dutch Firm Unveils Vegan Egg White Substitute Made From Brewery Yeast
- Wagamama’s new food concept is all about sustainability
- THE INTERNATIONAL VEGAN FILM FESTIVAL GOES VIRTUAL
- M&S launches dairy-free yoghurts
- Dobbies’ introduce brand new range of sustainable houseplants
- New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
- Greggs Offers Free Vegan Sausage Roll For Students!
- Pure Heavenly launches vegan chocolate bars and advent calendars
- OGGS launches vegan liquid egg alternative
- 3 new vegan launches we’re excited about this week
- View all
The Big Bakes To Host Online Baking Classes
Tune in on social media for quick and easy tutorials
If there’s one thing we are turning our attention to during the enforced Coronavirus ‘lock-down’ in the UK, it’s perfecting our baking skills. Luckily, The Big Bakes has us all covered there!
If you’re an avid baker like us, then you’ll be excited to know that the pop-up baking competition is switching gears, and will be hosting an array of remote tutorials, all in an effort to encourage the nation to bake at home, and to instil a sense of community as people across the country go into a period of social isolation.
The virtual baking classes will be broadcast from the event’s baking tents, where the team will share three bake-at-home classes each week. The idea is that recipes will be easy-to-follow, and use day-to-day ingredients and standard equipment found at home, so that anyone can join in.
Fans can follow the sessions on The Big Bakes’ social media channels from anywhere in the UK. It doesn’t take much time, either, as each video masterclass will feature 2-3 minute sessions that offer a step-by-step guide to making various decadent desserts.
So, how do you take part? Simply visit @Thebig_bakes on Facebook or Instagram, where you’ll find a list of the necessary ingredients for the next class. After you’ve whipped up that day’s baking creation, you can share a photo of your hard work for a chance to win vouchers to attend live sessions of the competition later in the year!
The Big London Bake has become one of the capital’s highest rated events. Now hosted in London and Birmingham, it’s a great experience for everything from date-night to corporate away days.
Taking place inside a marquee with individual bake stations, the interactive events are led by a team of professional patisserie chefs, and participants are given all the essential ingredients needed to create the ultimate bake. When they re-open, The Big London Bake runs seven days a week, while The Big Birmingham Bake runs every day except Monday and Tuesday. Tickets start from £37.50.