Mushroom and Noodle Soup
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:150g button mushrooms
150g shiitake mushroom
1ltr good flavoured vegetable stock
1lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
2cm ginger, peeled and chopped
½ lime, juice only
kaffir lime leaf
1 tbsp shoyu or soy sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp oil
150g vegan instant noodles
2 spring onions
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (or to taste)
- Cut the stalks off the shiitake mushrooms and reserve. Slice all mushrooms, keeping the shiitake and button mushrooms separate. Set aside.
- Put the stock into a saucepan together with the shiitake mushroom stalks, lemongrass, ginger, lime juice, lime leaf and shoyu or soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving the liquid and discarding the vegetables. Return the liquid to pan and reheat.
- Add the sliced shiitake mushrooms to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile sauté the garlic and button mushrooms in about 2 tbsp of oil, stirring all the time, until the mushrooms are softened. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Divide the noodles between four soup bowls and pour the hot soup over them, dividing the mushrooms between the bowls.
- Garnish with shredded spring onions and serve with chilli sauce.