Fusilli Provençale with Peppers and Olive Tapenade
Created for Garofalo by Sara Danesin, former MasterChef finalist. This recipe brings together soft tasty peppers and earthy tapenade. It’s a winning combination when mixed with the healthy whole wheat fusilli.
Ingredients:320g Garofalo whole wheat fusilli 300g yellow and red peppers, thinly sliced 1 banana shallot, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed 4 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tbsp dry oregano For the tapenade: 60g black olives, pitted 1 garlic clove 1 tbsp capers 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil, chopped shallot, garlic and oregano.
- Sauté until soft and then add the strips of peppers. (The peppers will take a variable cooking time depending the size but expect a time between 15-20 minutes).
- Whilst the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for the time stated on the pack; the right cooking time for al dente whole wheat fusilli is 11 minutes.
- For the tapenade, place the olives, capers, garlic and olive oil in a mini blitzer (or a pestle and mortar) and blitz/break down to a rough paste. Set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well and pour into the pepper sauce. Mix well to coat the pasta and add the tapenade to finish.
- Warm four plates and serve the pasta with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of oregano.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood