Egg Fried Rice
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
"There’s nothing like a rice dish to fill you up - and you can have this on the table faster than a takeaway!"
Ingredients:150g easy-to-cook long grain rice
1 red pepper
1 bunch spring onions
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
198g can Green Giant Sweetcorn, drained
150g frozen peas
2 large free-range eggs, beaten
3 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- Cook the long grain rice according to the packet instructions then rinse in cold water and drain very well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fresh vegetables. Remove the seeds from the pepper and cut it into small squares. Trim the spring onions and slice finely.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add the prepared peppers and spring onions, then toss in the crushed garlic clove and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas, sweetcorn, garlic and rice then stir-fry for 4-5 minutes more until hot.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture, add the eggs, cook for 1 minute then stir the eggs into the rice.
- When the eggs have set, pour in the soy sauce and toss together. Serve the rice piping hot.