Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- A nutritionist’s guide to eating for healthy joints
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- View all
- Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- Mango Salad with Thai Dressing
- Garden Gimlet
- Tofu & Green Beans Teriyaki
- Cornflakes Bombay
- Rainbow Pickle
- Soba noodles with kale and collards
- Ice-cube Drinks Boosters
- Quick Flatbread
- Vegan Soda Bread
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Charity provides free meals to children and families with surplus food
- Eco shop launches curated box of sustainable beauty buys
- New vegan ‘smoked salmon’ offers plant-based alternative to fish
- Nails.INC launches 21-free vegan nail polish
- Veggie Pret launches vegan bakery counter
- Jimmy’s Oat Flat White: it’s vegan, it’s iced and it’s a total winner
- Lush drives change in cruelty-free cosmetics with £250,000 prize fund
- Wagamama reopens with innovative social distancing measures
- M&S Launches Three New Plant Kitchen Products
- OLIO encourages Brits to turn Christmas leftovers into meals for neighbours in need
- Plamil launches plastic-free chocolates that are perfect for sharing
- View all
rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
The new collection supports victims of domestic violence and ensures a fair working environment for its own artisans
A new luxury loungewear brand has just launched in the UK and it’s serious about having a positive impact.
rho recently revealed its new environmentally conscious and socially-driven collection, which features four classic loungewear shapes – a cami, shirt, shorts and trousers – each named after one of the brand founder’s grandmothers, as well as eye masks. Featuring hand-printed designs that use traditional artisan block-printing techniques, each piece is made with organic, fair-trade cotton and AZO-free dyes, ensuring that they are kind to the skin and the planet. What’s more, the collection reaches your home through an entirely plastic-free journey, from design to factory to delivery.
But rho’s ethical ethos doesn’t stop there. Believing that everyone deserves to have a safe night’s sleep, the brand has pledged to donate £5 from every piece sold to Kent-based domestic abuse charity, Oasis, which has been supporting its local community for 25 years through its refuge centres and dedicated support for women and families.
The brand also extends its ethos to the people who create its loungewear, ensuring that everyone involved in the production process, from the organic cotton farmers to the factory workers and skilled artisans, are paid fairly and work in a safe environment with job security.
“rho truly is the change we want to see in the fashion industry,” rho co-founder Elena Ferrara said. “Each and every business decision we make is based on our values of compassion, transparency and accountability for our impacts. We’re proud to join the growing movement of businesses operating ethically and responsibly and can’t wait to share our vision for the future with our customers.”
Co-founder Hannah Ludlow added: “Our belief that everyone deserves a safe night’s sleep drives everything we do at rho. We are proud to be a part of the growing movement of brands creating change, and to be able to offer something for those who want to purchase responsibly and have a positive impact.”
rho’s first collection is now available in two prints: green tile and golden tropic. Shop the collection online at wheninrho.com
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter, The Edit, to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly recipes, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox.
More from Cruelty Free Beauty
Get familiar with these three types of beauty wonders from Lush, and enjoy being part of the 'Naked' revolution sweeping skincare!
It's the wellness wonder hot on every beauty editor's lips – but what is Ayurveda, and how can you get involved in this trending tradition? We explore how this ancient practice applies to skincare – and you might just learn something about your own needs, too!
For light coverage and deep hydration, you can't go wrong with this range of tinted moisturisers and BB creams...
The Body Shop has added to its huge vegan range this January - and we're excited!
Complete your cruelty-free look with the best vegan-friendly lipsticks, as reviewed by the Live Green & Good team