Tenderstem, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Fingers
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Ingredients:375g ready-rolled puff pastry
250g vegetarian ricotta cheese
2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
50g vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper for seasoning
200g Tenderstem broccoli tips
14 cherry tomatoes, halved
oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry from the packet and cut into 14-16 rectangles. Place the pastry pieces on a lightly oiled baking tray and prick each one a couple of times with a fork.
- Mix together the ricotta, eggs, roughly two-thirds of the vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Once smooth, spoon onto the pastry pieces and spread lightly with the back of a spoon, leaving a small border of pastry around the edge.
- Arrange a piece of Tenderstem and two tomato halves per pastry piece on top of the ricotta mixture and press down gently. Scatter over the remaining Parmesan-style cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the filling has set and is becoming golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.