Summer Veg Carbonara
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Oat milk lends a creamy texture to this vegetarian carbonara.
2 free-range eggs yolks
50ml Rude Health Oat Drink
1 clove garlic
a handful grated vegetarian-friendly Parmesan
a handful of frozen peas, asparagus spears and courgettes, diced (or any other summer veggies, cut into similar size pieces)
a couple sprigs of thyme, picked
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Slice the courgettes at an angle, into similarly sized pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, most of the Parmesan, the oat drink, and salt and pepper with a fork.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Heat a large deep sided frying pan with a dash of oil. Add the veg to the pan, and stir until golden. Add the garlic at the last minute so that it doesn’t burn.
- Halfway through the pasta cooking time, add the frozen peas to the boiling water. Drain the pasta, reserving a mugful of starchy cooking water. Add the pasta and peas to the pan with the veggies and the egg yolk mix.
- Give everything a good mix, adding lots of black pepper and a splash of cooking liquid at a time, until the pasta is glossy and it reaches the desired consistency. Serve immediately, sprinkled with thyme and the remaining cheese.