Quorn Vegetable Paella
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
Ingredients:350g Quorn pieces
2 lemons, zest and juice
300ml dry white wine
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded,sliced into rings
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced into rings
450g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
225g thin green beans
450g long grain or Valencia paella rice
4 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp saffron
2 tsp turmeric
3 tsp mild chilli powder
600ml vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp chopped parsley
1 lemon (cut into wedges) and olives, to garnish
- In a shallow bowl marinate the Quorn pieces in the lemon zest and juice and the dry white wine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onions and garlic gently until soft and golden. Add the peppers and fry for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, beans and peas and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Remove the Quorn pieces from the lemon juice and wine marinade, reserving both. Add the rice, paprika, saffron, turmeric, chilli and reserved marinade to the pan and stir well.
- Stir in the stock and simmer well for about 15 minutes. Sir in the marinated Quorn pieces and continue simmering for a further 10 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding more liquid if required.
- Season to taste, sprinkle over the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges and olives.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood