Miguel Barclay’s Sweet Potato Falafel Wrap
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Falafel are guaranteed crowd-pleasers, and here’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll find around, courtesy of Miguel Barclay, the £1 Chef. Enjoy these tasty falafel in salads, wraps and even sandwiches! Recipe extracted from Vegan One Pound Meals by Miguel Barclay (Headline, £16.99)
Ingredients:1 large sweet potato
1 tsp ground cumin
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds
40g plain flour
25ml cold water
handful of sliced red cabbage
a few tomatoes, chopped
handful of sliced white onion
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375 F/Gas 5. Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, or cook it in the microwave for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, cut it in half, scoop the flesh into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix in the cumin and half the spring onion. Wet your hands to stop the mixture sticking to them, then roll it into balls about the same size as a ping pong ball.
- Roll the balls in the sesame seeds, place them on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the flatbread wrap. Mix the flour and water in a bowl with a pinch of salt to form a dough. Knead on the worktop for a few minutes until smooth, then roll it out into a 20cm diameter circle. Cook in a dry preheated pan over a high heat for about 2 minutes on each side until nicely toasted.
- Assemble the wrap by topping the flatbread with the falafel and adding the red cabbage, chopped tomatoes, sliced onion and remaining spring onion.