Love Beets Festive Beetroot Tart
Ready in: 60 mins +
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
Try this showstopping tart with limited edition Love Beets Festive Beetroot Relish, Love Beets Cooked Beetroot, Tenderstem broccoli, smoked cheddar and mustard - a delicious combination for the Christmas period!
For the pastry:75g blanched almonds
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
130g chilled butter, cubed
a pinch of salt
1 large free-range egg yolk
3-4 tbsp ice cold water
For the filling:100g Tenderstem broccoli
5 free-range eggs
300ml double cream
10 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
125g smoked cheddar, grated
120g Love Beets Festive Beetroot Relish
3 Love Beets Cooked Beetroot, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Scatter the almonds in an oven tray and roast for eight minutes, until golden, then set aside to cool. Once cool, tip the nuts into a food processor and blitz to fine crumbs.
- Add the flour, butter and a pinch of salt to the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and blitz again adding one tablespoon of chilled water at a time, until the mixture comes together. Shape the mixture into a ball, wrap in cling film and transfer to the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and roll the pastry out to 0.5cm thickness. Carefully transfer the pastry to a 21cm x 5cm deep loose-bottomed round tin. If the pastry breaks in places, make sure to thoroughly patch any cracked areas with leftover pastry. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prick the base all over with a fork then line the pastry case with baking parchment and baking beans, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return the base to the oven for a further 10 minutes, until the pastry is golden and firm.
- Blanch the broccoli in a pan of salted boiling water for one minute, then refresh under ice-cold water.
- Whisk the eggs then beat in the cream, thyme and cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the Love Beets Festive Relish over the pastry case. (Top tip: to keep your pastry crisp, press the Festive Relish through a sieve with the back of a spoon to remove any excess moisture before spreading.)
- Carefully pour the cream mixture into the tart case and arrange the broccoli and Love Beets Cooked Beetroot over the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden and set. Cool for 20 minutes in the tin before carefully releasing it.
- Serve alongside the limited-edition Love Beets Festive Beetroot Relish.