Love Beet Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot Wraps with Griddled Halloumi and Hummus
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Middle Eastern flavours inspire this simple but delicious halloumi and hummus wrap.
½ tsp fennel seeds
½ tbsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 medium-sized flatbreads or wraps
80g Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot
small handful flat leaf parsley
small handful mint leaves
1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Slice the halloumi into 0.5cm thick squares.
- Add the fennel and cumin seeds to a small roasting tray. Set this on the barbecue rack or under a hot grill, and toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove the tray from the heat, add a tablespoon of oil, and chilli flakes, then stir to combine and set aside.
- Add the wraps to the barbecue (or grill), and cook for a few seconds on each side to warm through.
- Spread the hummus between each wrap, and scatter over the Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot.
- Griddle the halloumi on the barbecue (or you can fry them), until lightly charred. Then toss in the spiced oil to coat before arranging between the wraps.
- Roughly chop the herbs and scatter these over the wraps along with the pine nuts before wrapping and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood