Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
There's nothing like a lovely warming soup!
Ingredients:130g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt 1 kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded & cut into wedges 3 tbsp olive oil 60ml honey ½ tsp nutmeg sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste 2 onions, chopped 3 cloves garlic, crushed 2 sticks celery, chopped 1.25 litres vegetable stock 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage For the yoghurt sauce: 1 tbsp butter 50g pine nuts, toasted, reserving a few for garnish 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage, reserving a few leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4
- For the yoghurt sauce, place 100g Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Add pine nuts and 2 tbsp sage; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir until the nuts and butter turn brown. Stir the butter mixture into the yoghurt. Season the sauce to taste. Cover and chill.
- Place the butternut squash and remaining sage into a large roasting tray and toss in 2 tbsp of the olive oil, honey, nutmeg and seasoning. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the butternut squash is softened and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over a medium-low heat and add the onion, garlic and celery. Cook until the onion is softened and golden.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan along with the stock and sage. Stir to combine and then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the contents back to the pan and return the pan to the heat to simmer. Stir through the remaining yoghurt. Serve topped with the yoghurt sauce, a sage leaf and a sprinkling of pine nuts.