Heather’s Scoured Roast Vegetables
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:12-15 smallish potatoes, peeled
12 parsnips, peeled
6 sweet potatoes, peeled
150ml olive or vegetable oil
sea salt (optional)
- If you like, cut the parsnips and sweet potatoes in half lengthways. Keep the potatoes whole.
- Parboil in simmering water for around 15-20 mins until soft on the outside. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Pour the oil into a roasting dish large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer and place in the oven to heat.
- Take two forks and scour the outside of the potatoes so they go fluffy all over. Place in the roasting dish and, with a spoon, drizzle the warm oil over them. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 30 mins, turning regularly. Now add the remaining veg, which can also be scoured. If you halved them, add them after 45 mins instead.
- Roast for 30-45 mins until the potatoes are crispy. Stand on paper towel for 2-3 mins. Serve.