Elmlea Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Celebrate National Curry Week from 7th-13th October with this deliciously creamy dish inspired by the flavours of Thailand.
Ingredients:1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 shallots, thinly sliced
3 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
4cm thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
4-5tbsp vegetarian Thai green curry paste
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 lemongrass, cut in half lengthways
400ml coconut milk
1 tbsp vegetarian fish sauce
1 aubergine, cut into 3cm chunks
2 courgettes, cut into 3cm chunks
300g Basmati rice, to serve
100g sugar snap peas
100ml Elmlea single
1 lime, cut into wedges
a handful of Thai basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger, and fry for 10 minutes, until the onions start to soften.
- Add the Thai green curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass to the pan, and cook for two minutes, until they release their aroma.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetarian fish sauce, then season to taste with salt. Mix through the aubergine and courgette, cover the pan with a lid, then let simmer for 15 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to the packet instructions.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, remove the kaffir lime and lemongrass from the pan, then stir through the sugar snap peas and Elmlea single.
- Serve the Thai green curry over rice with a wedge of lime and a sprinkle of Thai basil.