Double Chocolate Doughnuts
Ingredients:120g buckwheat flour 1 tsp baking powder Pinch sea salt 3 tbsp raw cacao 1 tsp vanilla powder 1 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp all spice 2 ripe mashed bananas 110g maple syrup 2 tbsp almond butter 3 tbsp coconut oil melted 80g coconut yoghurt 1 tsp coconut sugar
ToppingsOmbar 72% chocolate 1 tbsp coconut oil Crushed pistachios Dessicated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F/ Gas 4. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix; add in the banana, melted coconut oil, coconut yoghurt and almond butter; mix everything well to combine.
- Rub a little coconut oil in the doughnut moulds then sprinkle some coconut sugar.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp of the mix into the moulds, then bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool a little before popping them out of the moulds.
- Break up the Ombar chocolate and place in a glass bowl with the coconut oil. Half fill a saucepan with boiling hot water, and put the glass bowl over it, making sure that the glass bowl does not touch the bottom of the saucepan. Slowly heat the water, ensuring it does not boil. Check the temperature with a thermometer. When it reaches 55-58C, remove the chocolate.
- Dunk the doughnuts in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with your favourite topping.