BBQ Idea: Honey, soy and ginger glazed aubergine slices
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Nick Vadasz, AKA the Picklesman, shares this delicious recipe to elevate your barbeque, using Vadasz pickles and ferments.
Ingredients:1-2 aubergines 1 pot (around 50ml) Vadasz Raw Kimchi brine 1 tbsp maple syrup/dark honey 1 tbsp soy sauce A few thin slices of fresh ginger, peeled 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- To make the marinade, drain a pot of Vadasz Raw Kimchi though a sieve into a bowl, add the syrup or honey and the soy sauce to the brine and stir well.
- Slice 1-2 aubergines lengthways, around 5-10mm in thickness. Season well with salt and pepper and grill over cooler area of BBQ, turning frequently till only slightly charred but cooked through.
- Place in a large shallow dish and pour over the Vadasz Brine Marinade. Leave to marinade for 20 mins or so and return to BBQ to flash finish/grill.
- Using residual marinade, make a thicker sauce by adding thin sliced ginger and red chillies; more honey or maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Mix well and serve as a dip to accompany the aubergine.