Bangers and Asparagus in Blankets
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Ingredients:1 packet Redwood Vegideli Lincolnshire Style Sausages
1 packet VBites Meat Free Rashers
2 large bunches of asparagus
olive oil (optional)
- First, cook the sausages. Shallow fry: Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and cook. Turn frequently until lightly browned. Grill: Lightly brush the sausages with vegetable oil. Place under a preheated grill for approximately five minutes, turning frequently.
- While the sausages cool, steam or boil whole asparagus spears until almost tender. Drain.
- Cut each sausage into three pieces. Cut the streaky style rashers lengthways into two strips.
- Wrap the rashers around the sausages and secure with a cocktail stick. Place on baking tray. Brush with olive oil for a crispier finish.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the rashers look crispy. Serve with or without the cocktail stick, as preferred.