Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Family recipe. Stopped making it for a while - Friday night, fancied a curry, needed something quick and tasty, and boy. Just try it. Green Peppers, the ingredients, and potatoes go splendidly. Don't forget the one orange pepper to sweeten things up.
Ingredients:1 large onion
8 garlic cloves
a 5cm thumb of ginger
5 green rocket chillies
2 green peppers
1 orange pepper
6/7 medium sized potatoes
- Reach for a Wok. Heat up Sunflower oil (enough to cover the base of your Wok) and finely slice your onion. Place your onion pieces in the piping hot oil and sizzle until softened. Release those onion juices!
- Peel your Ginger and Garlic. No skins. Chop your ginger into small pieces and place your Ginger and Garlic into a food processor. Take off the stems from your chillies and place them (whole) into the food processor too!
- Whizz until there are no chunks or pieces of any of your whole ingredients. Add to onions. Stir ingredients together, adding two teaspoons of Tumeric, one teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of paprika, and one teaspoon of Fenugreek. Stir!
- Peel potatoes. Cut into thin slices. Place into your Wok.
- Finely cut Peppers. Add to potatoes. Cover and stir occasionally until potatoes have softened.
- Teaspoon of Garam Masala and a handful of coriander if you have any!