Three Mushroom Claypot with Oyster, Chestnut and Enoki Mushrooms
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
If you're looking for comfort food, you've come to the right place...
Ingredients:1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp caster sugar
120g oyster mushrooms
120g chestnut mushrooms
120g enoki mushrooms
2-3 tbsp sesame seed oil
6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced at an angle
1-2 shallots or ½ small onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
230g long grain rice, washed
720ml good quality vegan vegetable stock
- Mix together the cornflour, soy, rice vinegar, salt and caster sugar to make a marinade, then set the mixture aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them into large pieces (enoki can be torn into small clumps). Mix the mushrooms and the marinade together, and set aside.
- Heat half of the sesame oil in a pan and add the mushrooms, leaving them to fry until they start to brown, before adding two-thirds of the spring onions. Mix together and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a heavy bottomed pan (use a claypot if you have one) and add the finely chopped shallot and crushed garlic. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add the rice and sauté for a further minute, before adding the stock. Cover the pan and do not stir, leaving it for 10-12 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Remove the lid, and add the mushroom mixture on top of the rice, together with any liquid. Replace the lid and leave to cook for a further two minutes.
- Scatter the remaining spring onions over the top, then bring to the table in the claypot, or divide onto plates to serve.