Roasted Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Shiitake Mushrooms
Ready in: 60 mins +
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
Ingredients:1 large butternut squash
1 garlic clove, crushed
160g orzo pasta
1 banana shallot, finely chopped
10 fresh sage leaves, shredded
60g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
125g vegetarian blue cheese,crumbled
30g walnuts, roughly chopped
olive oil, for brushing
three knobs of butter
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Clean the outside of the squash. Cut the squash in half, Scoop out and remove the seeds and soft fibres.
- Place the squash halves in an ovenproof dish; add a knob of butter and the garlic to the hollow of each butternut. Brush the rest of the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven for 1hr until the squash flesh is fork tender.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the filling by cooking the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Sauté the sage, mushrooms and shallots in a frying pan with a knob of butter, until soft. Mix this in with the cooked orzo.
- Scoop the flesh from the butternut squash leaving a good 1cm of flesh. Mix the scooped out flesh with the pasta mixture, along with half of the blue cheese and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between the two butternut halves and sprinkle each with the remaining cheese and walnuts.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly golden all over, then serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood