Linguine with Potatoes and Broccoli
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Ingredients:grated zest and juice 1/2 large lemon
2 tbsp pinenuts
2 medium potatoes (approx 250g)
200g dried linguine
5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
large handful basil leaves
grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese, to serve (optional – not vegan)
- Fry the pinenuts in 1 tbsp of the olive oil over a medium heat until golden. Set aside.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a bowl, add lemon zest and juice, season and whisk together.
- Cut the potatoes into 1.5cm cubes. Plunge into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook for five minutes. Meanwhile cut the broccoli into small florets and shred the basil leaves to give about 3 tbsp.
- Add the pasta, stir until it is all submerged in the water and continue to boil for four minutes. Add the florets to the pan, continue to cook for 3-4 minutes by which time the potatoes and broccoli will be tender and the pasta ‘al dente’.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, return to the pan, add the pinenuts, olive oil dressing and basil and toss together; don’t worry if the potatoes break up a little.
- Serve on warmed plates with the vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese to scatter over if liked.