Chilli, Leek and Potato Soup
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
A classic warming soup for those cold evenings, this recipe takes the traditional leek and potato soup recipe and it gives it an extra kick with the addition of fresh red chilli.
1 small onion, chopped
2 leeks, chopped
1 medium potato, chopped
½ small red chilli, chopped
500ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, cook on a medium heat until slightly browned
- Add the leeks and chili. Season well and cook for 5 minutes until the leeks have slightly softened
- Add the potato and pour over the stock, bring the soup to a boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook the soup for 10-15 minutes or until the potato has softened, then blend with a hand blender until smooth. Serve it up and e
- Cook the soup for 10-15 minutes or until the potato has softened, then blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Bring back to the boil for a few more minutes, and then serve!