Chickpea and Cashew Korma
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Know your nutrients
Powered by Nutracheck
Ingredients:2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1 red pepper, cut into pieces
1 yellow pepper, cut into pieces
1 standard can of chickpeas, drained
100g roasted unsalted cashew nuts
1 1/2 vegetarian stock cubes, diluted in
1 lt boiling water
100ml coconut milk
150g frozen peas
30g fresh coriander
1 tsp of cornflour (to thicken the sauce, if liked)
200ml low fat natural yoghurt
boiled or fried rice, to serve
- Gently heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion. After five minutes add the garlic and continue to cook for another two minutes.
- Add the turmeric, paprika, ginger and chilli and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, peppers, chickpeas, cashew nuts, stock and coconut milk then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. If you would prefer a thicker sauce, mix 1 tsp of cornflour with a little water to make a paste. Add this to the korma, gently stir in and cook for five minutes.
- Add the peas and most of the coriander, saving a little for garnish, and cook for five minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve the curry with a spoonful of natural yoghurt and coriander to garnish. Enjoy with rice.