Aubergine Hot Dogs
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
These vegan hot dogs are perfect for any plant-based barbecue!
For the aubergine sausages:4 slender aubergines
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground fennel
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp marjoram
1½ tsp salt
4 hot dog buns
4 tsp mustard
- Peel the aubergines and combine them with the other ingredients for the sausages in a food storage bag. Vacuum-seal the bag and marinate the aubergines overnight in the fridge.
- Sear the sausages over direct heat for 4-5 minutes each side, then finish cooking them over indirect heat with the lid closed for another 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes and cut the shallots into fine rings.
- Cut open the buns and warm them over indirect heat for two minutes.
- Fill each bun with one sausage, tomato and shallot, and top with mustard.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations by tagging @livegreenandgood on Instagram with the hashtag #livegreenandgood