Pumpkin, Cheese and Chive Muffins
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:275g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
85g Country Life Lighter spreadable butter, melted
1 tbsp caster sugar
100g reduced fat mature vegetarian Cheddar cheese
275g peeled and grated pumpkin (or butternut squash)
2 tbsp freshly snipped chives
2 free-range eggs
175ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas 5. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases. In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the sugar, cheese, pumpkin or butternut squash and chives into the flour mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and melted butter, and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Fill the muffin cases, then sprinkle the tops with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm. Serve still warm from the oven, or cold.