Mexican Stuffed Potatoes
Ready in: 60 mins +
The best way to cook a sweet potato is to stay true to its background. These delicious plants are native in Central and South America, hence we took the inspiration for this mouth-watering recipe from Mexico! The vibrant colours of red kidney beans, sweetcorn, and avocado are a feast for the eyes, plus they're full of good nutrition and are crazy delicious!
Ingredients:3 sweet potatoes, pierced and roasted until tender
½ tin Mr Organic Red Kidney Beans
1 tbsp Mr Organic Italian Tomato Purée
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 avocado, smashed
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
- Turn on the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and roast the potatoes for 35-45 mins. Set them aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the filling. Cook the sweetcorn and kidney beans together with the tomato purée and the spices. Season to taste.
- Mix the smashed avocado with the fresh lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes have cooled down a bit, cut them in the middle, then spoon over the fillings evenly.
- Serve the stuffed potatoes with fresh coriander sprinkled on top, and enjoy!