Luxury Festive Roast
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:225g mixed nuts
110g red lentils
1 large carrot
2 celery sticks
1 large onion
1/2 large courgette
25g porcini mushrooms
4 tbsp vegan margarine
2 tbsp mild curry powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp veggie Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 chopped dried apricots
2 tbsp soya flour
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5, cover the lentils and porcini with boiling water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the aubergine and courgette into small chunks and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Finely dice the carrot, celery, onion and mushrooms. Melt the margarine in a frying pan and sauté the vegetables for five minutes, stirring in the curry powder.
- Drain the porcini, cut up with scissors and place in a bowl with the cooked lentils, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, apricots, soya flour and water. Mix well.
- Chop the nuts using a food processor and add to the veg mixture.
- Grease a large bread tin with vegan margarine, and line with greaseproof paper. Put a layer of veg at the bottom, followed by a layer of pesto and finish with another layer of veg mix.
- Cover with a piece of greaseproof paper to and bake for about 1 hour until just firm.
- Cool and turn out onto a large plate to serve in slices with a good vegan gravy!