Like Schnitzel Noodle Bowl
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
The crispy plant-based and gluten-free schnitzels from LikeMeat is further proof (if we needed any!) that vegan food tastes just as good – if not even better - than their meat equivalent. Like Schnitzel is full of juicy flavours, and made without flavour enhancers, preservatives or gluten. This vibrant noodle bowl features crunchy vegetables, plant-based schnitzel and a fragrant peanut sauce that brings it all together. If you don't like peanut sauce, try using sweet chilli sauce instead.
Ingredients:100g rice noodles
½ bunch spring onions
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp agave syrup or other honey substitute
3 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp oil (e.g. sesame)
1 pack Like Schnitzel (180g)
1 bunch of herbs (e.g. mint, coriander)
1 small romaine lettuce heart
chopped peanuts or fried onions, optional
- Begin by preparing the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
- Peel the carrot and radish and cut into sticks (or cut with a Julienne cutter). Wash the cucumber and cut lengthways into slices, then cut into sticks. Wash the spring onions and cut into rings.
- Make the peanut sauce by stirring together the ginger, soy sauce, agave syrup, peanut butter and lime juice until smooth. Gradually add water until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the Like Schnitzels. Cook fully according to the instructions on the packet. Take out and cut into strips.
- Wash the herbs, shake dry and shred roughly. Wash the lettuce leaves and pat dry. Arrange the rice noodles with vegetables, lettuce, herbs, Like Schnitzel and peanut sauce. Garnish with peanuts or fried onions if desired.