Chocolate and Chipotle Black Bean Chili
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
A new take on the classic chili, the chocolate and chipotle give it an unusual but delicious twist.
1 onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1 small red pepper chopped
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chipotle paste
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 tin black beans
1 square of dark chocolate
Spring onion to serve
- Fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft, then add the red pepper, chili powder, paprika and chipotle paste (add more if you want it hotter, keep tasting it and add accordingly) mix well and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and season well.
- Turn the heat up until simmering and add the black beans and chocolate and stir in well.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve topped with spring onions with tortilla chips and dips, or rice.