It’s no secret that we’re big snackers here at LG&G: we’re not ashamed to admit that we have several sharing drawers in the office with an assortment of sweet and savoury nibbles. From mid-morning snacks to treats to have with a cup of tea, here are some of our favourite vegan snacks that are worthy of a spot in your snack drawer.
Cruelty Free Beauty
- 4 signs you have low iron levels
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- View all
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- Upgrade Your Cheese Toastie
- Have a healthy Christmas with these festive food swaps
- Omega-3 Health Benefits
- 5 minutes with Max La Manna
- A nutritionist’s guide to eating for healthy joints
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- View all
- Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burger with Pink Slaw
- Tomato and Pumpkin Soup
- Pea and elderflower cocktail
- Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- Mango Salad with Thai Dressing
- Garden Gimlet
- Tofu & Green Beans Teriyaki
- Cornflakes Bombay
- Rainbow Pickle
- Soba noodles with kale and collards
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Sainsbury’s opens low alcohol pub in London
- Nature lovers needed to help The Wildlife Trust restore 30% of nature by 2030
- Plamil launches plastic-free chocolates that are perfect for sharing
- A catering company is now delivering vegetarian and vegan ingredients to your doorstep
- M&S Launches Three New Plant Kitchen Products
- Jammie Dodgers secures vegan status with 100% plant-based recipe
- ‘Pulled Oats’ latest plant-based protein to hit the market
- New vegan ‘smoked salmon’ offers plant-based alternative to fish
- OGGS launches vegan liquid egg alternative
- Oddbox is delivering its fruit and veg boxes again
- Plates London launches plant-based online cookery course
- View all
Healthy Vegan Snacks
From popcorn and popped lotus seeds, to gluten-free cookies and corn crackers, here are some of our favourite vegan treats
Peas are a great source of protein for vegans, but usually they'd make an appearance in hot dishes. This freeze-dried seasoned snack, however, uses Scottish-grown peas to create healthy, plant-based snacks that are naturally low in fat and gluten-free. Providing one of your five-a-yda, they're wonderfully light and airy with a subtle seasoning that's ideal for munching on at any time of day. They're available in various flavours, including Sweet Chilli, Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar and Ham Hock.
Crisps are often a go-to snack: they're quick and easy, plus they're often vegan. But they're certainly not the healthiest option when coated in heaps of salt and sugar. But that's where Ten Acres' popcorn range comes in. A delicious and healthy alternative, it's available in three flavours. Aunty Winifred's Sweet and Salty Popcorn is ideal for those of us who love the mix of sweet and savoury flavours, while Lucia Popperly's Cappuccino version has a subtle coffee kick, making it ideal for a sweet afternoon pick-me-up. Ticking all the boxes, Ten Acre popcorn is gluten, dairy and MSG free, as well as being vegan, vegetarian and Kosher certified.
Smokey and spicy, these airy bites are light as a feather yet pack plenty of flavour. Vegan, gluten-free and palm oil-free, they're sustainably grown and come in at under 99 calories, making them the perfect mid-afternoon snack. Also available in Himalayan Salt and Peanut Butter flavours.
We love trail mix, but the combination of overly salty nuts and pieces of sugary chocolate doesn't make for a very healthy snack. Enter Rollasnax: this healthy riff on the traditional trail mix is packed with a delicious and well-balanced blend of nuts, spices and seeds, as well as additional flavours. Try the Berry & Coconut variety, which features cashews and macadamia nuts blended with coconut flakes and a variety of sweet and tart berries such as cranberries, raisins and raspberries.
Whether you top it with salsa, guacamole, vegan cheese or hummus, these Mexican-inspired crackers make a fab savoury snack. A favourite in the LG&G office, they're salty and crunchy, gluten-free and low-fat, making them the ideal vessel for your favourite dips and toppings, or simply eaten as is!
A vegan diet can be extremely healthy, but it can be easy to miss out on vital nutrients. Why not top up with a healthy seed snack? Munchy Seeds will give you a nutrition boost while curbing your cravings – they're packed with protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, and taste great, too. Available in six flavours, including Warm Cinnamon, Mild Chilli & Mega Omega.
Coated in a smooth dark chocolate, these pretzel bites combine salty and sweet flavours that we can't get enough of. High in fibre, the pretzel balls themselves are light and crunchy, while the addition of chocolate makes them feel slightly more indulgent.
Sometimes we crave a healthy snack that isn't overly sweet or salty, but just helps satisfy that little bit of hunger. Vedge bars are perfect for moments like this, plus they have the added bonus of being packed with nutritious ingredients and tasting great, too. Each bar contains at least 50% veg, and one or two of your five-a-day. Plant-based and 100% natural, they also contain one-third less sugar and 50% more fibre than fruit-based bars. We particularly love the subtle sweetness of the Raspberry flavour, and the addition of buckwheat for extra texture.
These little morsels have become a firm favourite with senior content creator, Rachael. Vegan, raw, organic and paleo, they're made with just a handful of ingredients and certainly don't taste like a healthy snack. Handmade and dehydrated to preserve all of the goodness, it's the perfect afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of tea, or healthy snack when on the go.
Time for tea? If you're trying to be healthier but still want to enjoy a bickie with your cuppa, then give Nibble Simply a go. Launched by lower sugar pioneers Nibble, these new low-carb, vegan biscuits feel like a real treat, yet contain an average of 60% less sugar and 170% more protein than their conventional cookie counterparts. Made with a cashew base, they're gluten-free and high in protein, and come in three delicious flavours, including lemon shortbread, double chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough.
One of the latest vegan products on the scene is Yo'Ridge Breakfast Pots – think of it as yoghurt with porridge put together, with a few extra flourishes for good measure. While great for breakfast, we think they also make lovely mid-morning snacks. Made from a blend of oats, lentils, sesame and coconut with fruit and maple syrup to add a touch of sweetness, they're free from dairy, soya and refined sugar, and contain billions of live cultures, making them gut friendly, too.