Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Toasted Almond and Parsnip Soup
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Energy Boosting Kale, Quinoa and Berry Salad
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Green Beans with Shallots and Cumin Seeds
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail
- Spicy Falafel
- Lentil and Kale Soup
- Pink Lady Chocolate Apples
- Pecan Bread
- Vegan Vanilla Cake
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Sustainable beauty brand launches refillable hand sanitiser dispenser
- Oatly is Giving Away Free Tea and Coffee Across the UK
- TROPIC BECOMES THE FIRST BRAND IN EUROPE TO RECEIVE A PROTECT LAND + SEA CERTIFICATION
- Pure Heavenly launches vegan chocolate bars and advent calendars
- OGGS launches vegan liquid egg alternative
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Wagamama’s new food concept is all about sustainability
- Online sustainable marketplace launches with vegan, organic and vegetarian products
- Boost your veggie meals with this new umami sauce
- Lily Lolo launches refillable make-up
- OLIO encourages Brits to turn Christmas leftovers into meals for neighbours in need
- View all
Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
Fussy is 100% plant-based and packaged in sugarcane waste
We’re all about supporting local, independent businesses, especially when they put the environment and our health first.
After having a baby, Bethany and Eddie Fisher wanted to put their skills to good use by creating a kinder future for the next generation. Now, they’re asking for help from people who are equally as passionate about people and the planet as they strive to get their new business venture off the ground.
Fussy is a refillable deodorant that aims to tackle household plastic waste. The sustainable product is inspired by pebbles on the beach, hence its sleek, slim design that can easily be slipped into a bag or pocket.
Aside from being refillable, it’s made entirely from plants, inside and out. Plastic-free refills are packaged in waste sugarcane, while the outer container is made from a corn-based bioplastic. The deodorant itself is 100% plant-based, too!
Fussy addresses an important issue, as globally, we throw away over 3.2 billion single-use plastic deodorants, many on which end up in landfills or our oceans. What’s more, research by Which? showed that we only recycle 40% of bathroom items, compared to 90% in the kitchen. Brands like fussy help to cut back on unnecessary waste and tackle plastic pollution, plus each fussy deodorant sold funds the collection of 1kg of ocean-bound plastic. It’s a win-win!
Speaking about the project, Bethany said: “I guess having a baby makes you reflect on the choices you make… including the deodorant I was using. Then COVID-19 hit and it was a sort of kick up the arse to make a difference. We all need to be more fussy.”
Eddie added: “We’re making sustainability sexy! Once you see and hold fussy, it will be love at first swipe.
“To be honest, it’s been a real test. We’ve not slept much, and have burnt through all our savings, but now is the time for the refill revolution. We are just pleased to be part of it!”
Fussy launches on 6th October on Kickstarter, with early-bird deals available from £11.
Want to read more like this? Sign up to our weekly newsletter, The Edit, to receive the latest updates on sustainability, planet-friendly recipes, cruelty-free beauty and more straight to your inbox.
More from Cruelty Free Beauty
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Beauty addicts Sian and Shannon put 6 cruelty-free nail polishes to test for strength, colour and staying power…
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...
These ethical, cruelty-free beauty buys are sure to impress this Christmas!
From hand sanitisers and facial mists, to lipsticks and eyeshadows, here's our pick of the best organic skincare and makeup buys in the UK