Just crunchy enough, superbly smooth, with succulent sweetness and mellow juiciness, the Cherry Tomato Piccolo has all the fragrance and flavour of a summer’s day.
What’s more, Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes both taste good and do you good. With 94 percent water and just 2 percent carbs, they’re naturally low in calories and high in hydration. Plus, various vitamins and a mixture of minerals will help give your body a health boost.
This Piccolo Michelada cocktail recipe is the ideal to serve on a sunny afternoon in the garden with friends. Made with whizzed up Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes and spiced beer, serve with a tomato and feta tapas for a delightful summer snack.
Piccolo Michelada Cocktail
To serve 4
600g Cherry Tomato Piccolos, halved
2 limes, juice only
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (may need more, to taste)
1 tsp Tabasco sauce (may need more, to taste)
3 x 355ml bottles chilled Mexican beer
1 tbsp mild chilli powder
1 tbsp fine salt
200g Cherry Tomato Piccolos (halved or quartered)
100g feta, cubed
Small handful chopped mixed herbs, such as mint, parsley and basil
Drizzle olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Herbed Cherry Tomato Piccolos and feta cheese
Four small Cherry Tomato Piccolos
- Blend together the tomatoes, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce in a blender or food processor – you may need to do this in batches. Sieve to remove the seeds and skin. Discard these.
- Pour the tomato juice into a large jug and place in the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
- For the rim of the glass, mix the chilli powder with the fine salt on a small plate.
- Rub the lime on the rim of each tall glass, then dip it in the plate.
- For the herbed Cherry Tomato Piccolos and feta, combine the tomatoes, feta, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil in a small bowl. Squeeze over the remainder of the lime.
- To serve, fill four long glasses with ice. Carefully pour the beer into the tomato juice in the jug (at a slight angle to prevent a frothy top). Taste and add a little more Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce, if needed.
- Pour the drink into the prepared glasses and serve garnished with a Piccolo Cherry Tomato on a cocktail stick.
Serve and enjoy!
Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes are available from a range of different retailers and growers. To ensure excellence, always check the right variety name mentioned on the packaging.
For more, follow the team on Instagram