Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Charred Sweetcorn Caesar Salad
- BBQ Sweetcorn Tacos with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Sweetcorn, Turmeric and Chickpea Fritters
- Aubergine Hot Dogs
- One-pot Curry in a Hurry
- 5 Grain Savoury Porridge with Pickled Beetroot, Apple and Hazelnuts
- Baked Shallots with Squash and Crispy Rosemary and Olive Oil Breadcrumb Topping
- Soy Tomato Burgers
- Salsa and Avocado Hot Dogs
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- New vegan products we’re excited about this spring
- The Lush Halloween range is now available… and it’s all vegan
- Caffe Nero launches plant-based menu options
- Wagamama’s new food concept is all about sustainability
- Iceland Launches New Vegan Range
- 14 food and drink launches for Veganuary 2021
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Dutch Firm Unveils Vegan Egg White Substitute Made From Brewery Yeast
- Nudie Snacks Launches Wonky Veg Crisps
- Lush drives change in cruelty-free cosmetics with £250,000 prize fund
- Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
- View all
12 vegetarian hacks that are borderline genius
Want to make your meat-free life easier? Check out these shortcuts to delicious food
For a meaty tasting ‘Chilli Non Carne’, swap regular Red chillis for Chipotle chillis. The smoky taste will have even the avid carnivore reaching for more.
For a good meat substitute, prick an aubergine all over with a fork and place directly onto a gas hob flame. Turn until blackened and place into a sealed bag to steam. Tear apart with forks. It gives the perfect meaty texture!
Bulk out with Beans - Beans are a great addition to most dishes. They’re filling, high in protein and low in cost.
Spiralize your Veg - Courgettes and Carrots offer a great alternative to pasta when cut using a Spiralizer. Low in calories and carbs.
Cauliflower Rice – Food process a raw cauliflower until you have rice sized pieces. Steam until hot. This creates a delicious low carb version of rice.
Mix up your oils – Don’t be limited to just cooking with Olive, Rapeseed and Vegetable oil. Sesame, Chilli, Coconut and other infused oils can make all the difference to a meal with minimal effort involved.
Dry Roast your ground spices – This simple tip enhances the flavour of your spices and works great when cooking with ‘mock meats’…they need all the flavour they can get!
Opting for a pre-marinated tofu will save you lots of time in the kitchen. Tofu can have the stigma of being tasteless and plain but there’s no chance of that with the tasty garlic, basil or olive versions available.
Miso paste can be a fantastic sauce base or marinade. Be sure to pick up the non fish sauce version
Go big on the Garnish – Fresh herbs like coriander, basil, parsley, oregano and thyme can transform a dish alongside freshly sliced chillis, spring onion, lemons and limes.
Always use seasonal and even more importantly use ripe produce to maximise flavour in meals.
Cook outside your comfort zone. Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, African and Asian cuisine has lots of inspiration to inspire new dishes. From Asian Style Pineapple Payapa Salads, to Spanish Croquettes via Middle Eastern Shakshukas, there’s plenty of options
AUTHOR: Anna Barnett @getinmygob
More from Vegetarian blog
Say hello to the Cherry Tomato Piccolo and try this perfect summer cocktail recipe
Has your health taken a hit during lockdown? California Raisins is here to support your health goals with easy ideas to make a positive change
Discover the health benefits of eating raisins, from boosting your mood and energy to aiding digestion
World Digestive Health Day is the perfect time to discover easy ways to improve your gut health, from your diet to your lifestyle