Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Roasted Vegetables
- ROASTED PEPPERS WITH GOAT’S CHEESE AND PINE NUTS
- Artichoke and Tomato Bruschetta
- Onion and Chilli Chutney
- Tasty Tofu Pilaf
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin
- Homemade Ketchup
- Strawberry Smoothie with Lime
- Tenderstem and Chickpea Salad
- Apple and Green Tea Yoghurt Ice Pop
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- New app helps you track and reduce your plastic consumption
- Children’s charity to spread smiles with virtual tea party
- Plastic Petition pushes for greater transparency in UK recycling system
- M&S launches dairy-free yoghurts
- New vegan products we’re excited about this spring
- The UK’s Largest Plant-Based Kitchen Launches Chicken Katsu Fakeaway
- Online sustainable marketplace launches with vegan, organic and vegetarian products
- Plamil launches plastic-free chocolates that are perfect for sharing
- 3 new vegan launches we’re excited about this week
- The Riverford Field Kitchen launches four-course veggie brunch
- British Airways commits to removing 700 tonnes of single-use plastic from flights in 2020
- View all
This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
Can you really have your cake and eat it too?
If you’re like most people, when you see a piece of cake or get passed a dessert menu after a meal, it takes quite a lot of will power not to give into your cravings. You’re not alone, either. In fact, the average Brit consumes around 48kg of sugar each year – this exceeds the NHS’ recommended limit for adults of 30g of free sugars a day.
Free sugars are found in foods such as sweets, cakes, biscuits, and soft drinks or juices, and while we’ve become more aware of the health implications of consuming too much sugar, many of us actively try to reduce our consumption of these types of foods. But what if we could still indulge in our favourite treats while controlling our sugar in-take?
Not just another herbal tea, Wellfinitea Organic Green is a 100% organic, vegan tea that can help to control sugar cravings and blocks the absorption of sugar in the intestines and body.
Curb your sugar cravings
So how does it work? Wellfinitea Organic Green contains three key ingredients. The use of gymnema helps to improve blood sugar levels, assists weight maintenance, and increases effectiveness of insulin. What’s more, gymnema has an active ingredient called gymnemic acid, which blocks the sugar receptors on your taste buds, making sweet foods less appealing. Studies have shown that the active ingredient also blocks sugar in the intestines, lowering post-meal sugar levels.
Meanwhile, the addition of pandanus palm, which is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine, helps to regulate blood sugar, while stevia acts as a natural sugar substitute.
Aside from helping to curb your sugar cravings, Wellfinitea Organic Green is rich in antioxidants and helps to support a healthy immune system, plus it’s caffeine free, making it an ideal addition to your night-time routine.
Simply steep one tea bag in a cup of water for 3-5 minutes; one bag can make up to 5-8 cups too, so you can drink the tea throughout the day!
Wellfinitea Herbal Organic Green Tea is available for £16.99 for a box of 10. Visit wellfinitea.co.uk to shop or find out more.